O's Favorite Things Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The O’s Favorite Things Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Spanx, Inc., and its respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Spanx, Inc., 3035 Peachtree Road, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30305. Administrator: Spanx, Inc., 3035 Peachtree Road, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30305.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on September 25, 2017 at 12:00am Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on October 16, 2017 at 11:59pm ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: To enter, visit www.Spanx.com/Os-Favorite-Things-Preview-Sweep during the Promotion Period and provide your name and email address as indicated. If you use your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it finds unlawful or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for your qualified entry. By providing your email address you agree to receive marketing materials from the Sponsor.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address, household or street address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawing: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around October 17, 2017. The potential winner will be notified via email. The potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules before receiving any prize. The potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Grand Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: ONE (1) PRIZE: Prize package includes: (a) one (1) $2,000 VISA® gift card toward the purchase of airfare and hotel accommodations; and (b) two (2) tickets to the “O’s Favorite Things” event in New York City, NY on November 6, 2017. Approximate Retail Value: $3,500.
Travel arrangements are the responsibility of winner. The winner is solely responsible for determining and obtaining all such necessary travel documents and other requirements. Actual value of trip may vary depending upon winner’s place of permanent residence.
Gift cards values are less any applicable activation, transaction, or maintenance fees and subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions disclosed on the gift card, including any stated expiration dates. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, any lost, stolen, destroyed, or expired gift cards, or gift cards used without winner’s permission. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All costs federal, state and local taxes, meals, alcoholic beverages, excursions, travel to and from airports, processing fees, tips, and other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her travel companion [if applicable]. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, VISA, Harpo. Inc., O, The Oprah Magazine or Oprah Winfrey. You are providing your information for this promotion to Sponsor and not VISA, Harpo. Inc., O, The Oprah Magazine or Oprah Winfrey.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, prize information, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in perpetuity and in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. ANY PRIZE WON IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR COLLATERAL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation or exclusion of implied warranties and conditions, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Entrants should check their local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia or the appropriate Georgia court located in Fulton County, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Entrants should check their local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
13. Winner List: These Official Rules are available at www.Spanx.com/O-Favorite-Thing-Reveal-Event-Sweeps. For a winner list, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 3035 Peachtree Road, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30305, addressed to ATTN: O’s Favorite Things Sweepstakes. The winner list will be available after winner confirmation is complete.
14. Questions: For questions, please email email@example.com.
Abbreviated Disclosures for Advertising
ABBREVIATED RULES for TV and Radio
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 10/16/17. For Official Rules and complete details, visit www.Spanx.com/O-Favorite-Thing-Reveal-Event-Sweeps. Sponsor: Spanx, Inc.
ABBREVIATED RULES for Print
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes starts 9/25/17 and ends 10/16/17. Single winner to receive: (a) one (1) $2,000 VISA® gift card toward the purchase of airfare and hotel accommodations; and (b) two (2) tickets to the “O’s Favorite Things” event in New York City, NY on November 6, 2017. APR of $3,500. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. For Official Rules visit www.Spanx.com/O-Favorite-Thing-Reveal-Event-Sweeps. Sponsor: Spanx, Inc., 3035 Peachtree Road, Suite 200 Atlanta, GA 30305.
Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 10/16/17. To enter and for Official Rules, visit www.Spanx.com/O-Favorite-Thing-Reveal-Event-Sweeps.
Minimum Abbreviated Rules for Twitter:
Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Begins 9/25/17 and ends 10/16/17. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, www.Spanx.com/O-Favorite-Thing-Reveal-Event-Sweeps. Void where prohibited.