The SPANX® Illuminate-HerTM Bra Design Contest Official Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve the likelihood of winning.
- ELIGIBILITY: The SPANX® Illuminate-Her™ Bra Design Contest (“Contest”) is offered to women who are legal residents of the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia who have attained the age of 18 or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater, as of the date of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, representatives, officers, and directors of Spanx, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers, and the immediate families (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son, regardless of where they live) of such persons or members of their households (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Contest begins on February 26, 2018, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and ends on March 26, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotional Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotional Period. Entries received prior to or after the Promotional Period will be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeper for all matters related to the Contest.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION / HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve the likelihood of winning.
To enter the Contest, register at www.spanx.com/artist-bra-submission-page. During registration, you will be asked to: (1) provide your first name, last name, birth date, professional bio (if you have one), website address (if you have one) and email address on the entry form; (2) upload three (3) pieces of your original artwork, in JPEG, PDF, AI, TIFF or PSD format, submitted together in one (1) compressed zip file no larger than 100MB; and (3) agree to these Official Rules.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. Multiple Entries in the Contest will be disqualified. Entries may only be submitted by a single person or registered e-mail user; group entries are not permissible. In case of multiple entries received from any person or e-mail account, only the first entry received from such person or e-mail account will be considered. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the identified e-mail account was registered.
No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, or corrupted entries; any human, computer, on-line, telephone, network, or technical malfunctions that may occur; e-mail service issues or downtime; or for any printing, typographical, or other errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Contest is prohibited. Normal internet access and device usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
- SUBMISSION CRITERIA: Entrants will be judged on an original work of art created by the person submitting the work. All work must not previously have been submitted to another contest or promotion, or licensed or assigned to a third party. Photographical works will not be accepted. All entrants must submit artwork in JPEG, PDF, AI, TIFF or PSD format. Artwork must be submitted in a zip file no larger than 100MB. The zip file must be named with entrant’s last name, and first name (Ex: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.zip). Each piece of artwork in the zip file must be named with entrant’s last name, first name and file number (Ex: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.ART1.jpeg). The top 3 finalists will be asked to submit AI files.
Entrants may not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless entrant is the owner of such rights or has permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Sponsor all of the license rights in these Official Rules; (ii) submit falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage Sponsor or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (iv) impersonate another person.
By submitting an entry, you warrant and represent to Sponsor that (1) the information contained in the entry is true and correct in all material respects and Sponsor may rely on such information in its efforts to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (2) you have all of the rights and authority necessary to submit the entry in the Contest in compliance with these Official Rules, including the right to contract in your own name, the right to publish the artwork, and the right to grant the rights granted hereunder; (3) the entry is in all respects free and clear of all claims and rights of third parties; (4) the entry is the original work of you, is owned by you, including the copyright therein; (5) the entry complies with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules; and (6) you have not made any commitment for the use or publication of the entry to any person or entity for any commercial purposes or otherwise made any commitment in a manner that would conflict with the rights and licenses granted to Sponsor as described in these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that, in its sole discretion, violates any of these criteria.
- SPONSOR’S USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an entry, you grant Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publish, display, broadcast, and perform your entry (including the artwork, your name, picture, voice, likeness, or biographical information, if any, included in the entry) in any manner and through any media channels.
Without limiting the foregoing license, the right and license granted to Sponsor includes the right of Sponsor to (1) post the entry on Sponsor’s social media pages and Sponsor’s website; (2) provide the entry to the judges; (3) post the finalists’ entries on Sponsor’s website for public viewing and vote; (4) use the entry to promote Sponsor’s SPANX® Illuminate-Her™ campaign and any future marketing campaigns or initiatives; (5) maintain the entry in Sponsor’s database for the purpose of keeping records of the Contest; (6) edit, modify, format, or adapt the entry for Sponsor’s own purposes and use such revised version to the same extent as the original entry; and (7) use the entry for advertising and promotional purposes. You also waive and release your moral rights in your entry and any rights of privacy and publicity in connection with the use of your name, picture, voice, likeness, or biographical information.
Not with standing the foregoing, Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the entries, including, without limitation, the entry submitted by the winner.
All copyrights and other intellectual property rights, other than the limited rights and licenses granted in these Official Rules, will remain with the entrant. However, Sponsor will require the Grand Prize Winner to execute an assignment agreement, transferring all right, title and interest in and to the artwork submitted to this Contest by the Grand Prize Winner, including all intellectual property rights in the submitted artwork, to Spanx, Inc.
You understand and acknowledge that your entry may receive exposure on the Internet or other public forums, where the entry may be the subject of public comments. Sponsor is not responsible for any remarks, including any critical or derogatory remarks, posted by the public pertaining to you or your entry.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS:
Three finalists will be selected from the eligible entries to the Contest, each of whom will be awarded a prize, and a final Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the three finalists, who will receive the grand prize.
On or around the close of the Promotional Period, a panel of judges (the “Judges”) will use the following judging criteria to narrow the eligible entries to three finalists:
The three entrants who receive the highest scores out of 100 possible points will be the finalists and will be awarded one prize. The three finalists will be notified by email or telephone within approximately seven (7) business days following the close of judging and will be required to respond within 48 hours (and provide the documentation required by Sponsor) in order to claim the prize. Failure to respond and return the required documentation within the 48-hour period may result in the selected finalist being disqualified and an alternate finalist being selected.
- Up to 20 points – Commercial Appeal
- Up to 40 points – Creativity and Originality
- Up to 40 points - Brand Appropriateness
Then, on or about April 9, 2018 to April 13, 2018, those three finalists’ works will be posted on Sponsor’s website for public voting, with voting closing at 11:59 p.m. ET on the final day (the “Voting Period”). During the Voting Period, individuals will be invited to select the artwork with the best consumer appeal. The public will be made aware of the opportunity to vote through Sponsor’s promotional activities via social media and/or via Sponsor’s website at www.spanx.com/artist-bra-submission-page. To be eligible to vote on the artwork with the best consumer appeal, individuals will be required to provide their email address to Sponsor. Votes will be limited to one per person per day during the Voting Period. The date for opening the Voting Period may be delayed beyond April 9, 2018 until the date on which the three finalists (or any alternative finalists) have responded to the notice of having been selected a finalist and provided the required documentation, as described below.
After the Voting Period, the Judges will then apply the following judging criteria to the three finalist:
The finalist who has received the highest score out of 100 possible points based on the foregoing criteria will be the Grand Prize Winner.
- Up to 20 points – Consumer Appeal (20 points for highest number of votes; 15 points for second highest; 10 points for third highest)
- Up to 40 points – Overall Composition Quality
- Up to 40 points – Aesthetic Appeal
In the case of a tie, the three finalists or the Grand Prize Winner, as applicable, will be determined by the entry’s score in the Brand Appropriateness criterion. If a tie still exists, successive individual criteria will be used likewise, in order of their relative ratio to the overall score.
The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email or telephone within seven (7) business days of determination and will be required to respond within 48 hours (and provide the documentation requested by Sponsor) in order to claim the prize. Failure to respond and return the required documentation within the 48-hour period may result in the selected winner being disqualified and an alternate winner being selected.
Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
All decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding. The selected winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules before being entitled to any prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer than three finalists to the public vote phase of the Contest if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. If the number of eligible entrants is less than three or less than three finalists are selected, then not all prizes may be awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right not to award a grand prize in the Contest if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it does not receive any eligible and qualified entries. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to utilize an alternative method of voting, which Sponsor shall designate in its sole discretion.
The Grand Prize Winner will also receive exposure of artwork on www.spanx.com during the Voting Period. The Grand Prize Winner may also receive one (1) social media post on a Spanx-owned social media channel, and a feature in one (1) Spanx catalog issue, up to half of a page, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The top 3 finalists will receive exposure of artwork on www.spanx.com during the Voting Period.
- GRAND PRIZE: A single Grand Prize Winner will receive: (1) $5,000; (2) 10 free SPANX brand bras. Approximate retail value: $5,800.
- THREE FINALISTS: The top three (3) entrants will receive: (1) a free SPANX brand bra. Approximate retail value: $80.
All federal, state, local and any other applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize recipients.
No assignment, transfer, or substitutions of prize is permitted, except as provided herein or at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value should the advertised prize (or portion thereof) become unavailable or for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All federal, state, provincial, and local taxes on prizes, if any, are the responsibility of prize recipient.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: The selected winner must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, which must include the winner’s social security number for tax reporting purposes, an exclusive license for use of the artwork, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within the time period set forth above. The selected winner may be disqualified, and, in such case, an alternate winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the selected winner (i) fails to meet the eligibility requirements, (ii) does not respond to notification of being a potential winner in the time period required herein or otherwise cannot be reached because the prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or (iii) fails to return required documents properly completed and/or in a timely manner.
Where permitted by law, by accepting a prize, the winner grants to Sponsor, and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and otherwise use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the winner’s name, address (city and state/province), photo, image or likeness, and biographical information as news or information and for editorial, advertising, and publicity purposes, without further notice, compensation, permission, or approval. Further, by accepting the prize, winner agrees, and by entering the Contest, each entrant agrees, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, and prize sponsors from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person (including death) and/or property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in this Contest. Void where prohibited.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to entrants or caused by entrants or to entrants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and select the winner from entries received prior to the action taken. In no event will Sponsor or its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, shareholders, advertising or promotional agencies, or their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, or agents, or prize sponsors, be responsible or liable (1) for any damages or losses of any kind (including direct), in the aggregate, that exceed the aggregate value of all the prizes to be awarded or (2) for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or damages for lost profits, revenue, or opportunity, or for business interruption, in each case, arising out of the Contest or conduct of, or any entrant’s participation in, the Contest or out of any entrant’s access to and use of Sponsor’s Web site, or the downloading from and/or printing of material downloaded from such site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on such site and any prize won is provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied, including the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties and conditions, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- SEVERABILITY: If any one or more provisions of these Official Rules are held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect the validity, effect, or enforcement of any other provision or provisions of these Official Rules.
- GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: The Contest is governed by, and these rules will be construed and interpreted pursuant to, the laws of the State of Georgia, United States, without regard to conflicts of law rules that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Furthermore, by entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia or the appropriate Georgia State Court located in Fulton County, Georgia, USA.
- OFFICIAL RULES & WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.spanx.com/Artist-Bra-Contest-Terms-and-Conditions-2018, or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Illuminate-Her Contest Rules, Spanx, Inc., 3035 Peachtree Rd., Suite 200, Atlanta, Georgia, 30305. The name of the winner will be posted on Sponsor’s Web site at http://www.spanx.com following verification of the winner. In addition, the name of the winner may be obtained after April 23, 2018 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Illuminate-Her Winner, Spanx, Inc., 3035 Peachtree Rd., Suite 200, Atlanta, Georgia, 30305. All requests must be received before May 25, 2018.
Spanx, Inc., 3035 Peachtree Rd., Suite 200, Atlanta, Georgia, 30305.