Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 3
Rated 2 out of 5 by Didimama My dilemma between this and the Brally-wood Hills Bra
The Brally-wood Hills side slimming bra was my holy grail bra for about three months until it started to literally fall apart at the seams. The hook closure broke within 3 months and the seams appeared to be held together with glue that came apart as well.
In my quest for a new side slimming bra, I purchased this. I received it today but have already decided to exchange it based on the following pros and cons:
(1) This bra seems to be better constructed than the Brally-wood Hills Bra as the seams are sewn in and the hook and eye closure appear more secure.
(2) I like the material which feels comparable to Brally-wood Hills
(1) The lack of an underwire. I am used to underwire and like the additional support and "sucked in" feeling it provides. That is just my personal preference. However, if I were to forego underwire this is a good runner up.
(2) Appearance - I tested this bra under a form fitting t-shirt and rather than helping contain my sides and excess skin (okay, fat!) under my arms and at my sides, it enhanced it. It did not give me the flattering silhouette of having the sides of my torso lie flat. I did not have this problem with Brally-wood Hills. Therefore, in my case it did not perform as advertised. I should also mention that I am 5'3 and 135 pounds. I consider my problem areas to be my arms and feel like I have huge shoulders.
(3) Sizing - I feel that I need a mathematical degree to figure out the sizing with Spanx bras. I am a 34B in the Bra-llujahs. However, it is a completely different story with their bras that have a non-hoisery band and close in the back. I am usually a 36B under those circumstances but that seems to also change per bra style. I am not sure if this is a complete con, but the sizing can be tricky. I think if Spanx provided free returns in addition to shipping I may be more inclined to experiment with their different varieties of bras.
Overall, if this style of Show Girls bra was cross-bred with the Brally-wood Hills it would be the perfect bra for me. Specifically, I like the construction of the Show Girls Bra with the structure of the Brally-wood Hills Bra.
March 14, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by ADB38 Great bra but need smaller band size
This bra would be perfect for me if it came in a smaller band size. It's very comfortable, the straps stay put, the cups have a nice shape but alas, the 34 is just a little loose on me. Spanx team, please make a 32B!
February 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by NannyKK Solves the underarm hangover
Even though I have a small cup size I am wide-chested. My bosom tends to hang out along the sides. This bra is soooo comfortable and keeps that underarm hangover in the right spot without pinching me or jabbing me under my arm. I have three now, and they are great!
September 24, 2013