› Top of Page
Here you will find answers to all of life's questions…well, those about SPANX, anyway! Don't see what you're looking for? Contact us!
- • General Questions
- • Size Questions
- • Product Questions
- How many brands are in the SPANX® family? SPANX, STAR Power, Red Hot Label and ASSETS make up the current sisterhood of SPANX brands. For more information, check out our about us page!
- I just had surgery. Are SPANX products safe to wear? Some doctors do recommend SPANX products after certain surgeries, but we highly recommend you consult your physician before getting your SPANX on!
- Where can I find SPANX in my city, state or country? Visit our store locator or international page to find a retailer near you!
- The product I purchased is defective or the wrong size, what should I do? To see our policy about damaged or defective items click here. If the item is the wrong size, click here.
- Do you offer discounts? Although we don't typically discount our products, the best way to find out about our exclusive offers is to sign up for our emails. Plus, as a special gift, you'll get 10% off on your birthday!
- How do I get a SPANX catalog? Call us at 1.888.806.7311, and we'll add you to our mailing list!
› Top of Page
- How do I know which size to buy? When purchasing any SPANX product, it's important to find the size that's right for you. Due to the slimming nature of our garments, picking a size too small won't give you extra shaping – but will cause bulges and discomfort. Visit our sizing charts to find the perfect fit for you!
- Where can I find product measurements? Check out each product page to see specific measurements and images. Not finding what you're looking for? Contact us and we'll help you get to the bottom of it!
What are my measurements?
First, let's narrow down what you're trying to measure!
Some helpful tips: when measuring your bust, ensure your tape measure is around the fullest part of your chest. Measure your waist by doing a mini “crunch” in the air. The part that bends? That's your waist! When measuring your hips, aim to get your tape measure around the fullest part (when you sit, where your hips bend)!
I'm in between sizes. What should I do?
We get it – not all bodies are created equal! Our sizing charts (available here) are designed to be used as a measurement guide.
If you're outside the lines, don't fret. Here are some tips to help you get the right SPANX on!
- • Never Size Down! Due to the slimming nature of our garments, picking a size too small won't give you extra shaping – but will cause bulges and discomfort.
- • Email or Call Us! We've got a sizeable team of Spanx-ters available to answer your questions and get you in the right size.
- Which products have plus sizes? To view our selection of plus size products click here.
- I'm petite, which SPANX product should I wear? Check out our sizing charts to find the size that's right for you!
- What if I don't see something in my size? Contact us. We'd love to help you get to the bottom of it!
› Top of Page
Do SPANX products have more compression than ASSETS® products? Do the compression levels match between brands?
SPANX and ASSETS shapewear collections both have Slimming Level indicators.
SPANX uses Medium, Super and Super Duper Slimming Levels so that you know just how much compression you're getting when you get your SPANX on!
ASSETS uses similar Slimming Levels: Medium, Super and Ultra.
The Slimming Levels are similar between brands–but since SPANX and ASSETS collections use different fabrications, a Medium Slimming in SPANX may differ than Medium Slimming in ASSETS!
I have a specific area I want to target. Which product is best for me?
- Tummy: For tummy troubles, it's best to pick a high–waisted product. This offers coverage starting just below the bra line and keeps the waist looking like an hourglass. Click here for high–waisted products.
- Thighs: My, oh thighs! All mid-thigh shapers work to trim the thighs, check them out here.
- Muffin Top & Love Handles: Get a handle on your love handles and put a stop to muffin top with slimming camisoles, bodysuits, shaping panties or mid-thigh shapers.
- Rear: Need a boost on bottom? We'll help you amplify your assets with any of these booty-boosting products. Already have enough back there? These products offer a lift without adding volume!
- Back Fat: Leave back fat behind! Bra-llelujah takes care of that (and is oh-so comfortable, too).
- Chest: Do your cups runneth over? Try our Bra-liminate or Bra-llelujah! Minimizer and reduce your chest by 1”! If you need to give your girls some va-va-voom, try the Bra-llelujah! Demi Push-Up. Remember, our open-bust camisoles and the Trust Your Thinstincts Tank keep every chest looking its best.
- Arms: Firm your arms with our slimming apparel. Check out these slimming styles here.
- What's the difference between one collection to the next?
First it's important to understand what we mean when we refer to our collections: Think of collections as families. Each member has similar qualities, but there's something different about each one. Just as every family is unique, so are our collections! They differ in slimming levels, fabrications and silhouettes (or styles). You can also think of SPANX like jewelry–certain pieces work better with certain outfits!
- I'm getting married or am in a wedding, are there specific styles I should try?
Check out our bridal page and learn about our wedding day solutions!
- Which SPANX product should I wear in warm weather? For warm weather, we suggest our lightest weight collection: Skinny Britches. These slimmers offer ultra-light sheer fabric that firms your tummy, hips, thighs and rear and keeps you cool, no matter what the season!
- › Top of Page
- How do I wash my SPANX products? Treat your SPANX products with care and you'll get wear after wear after wear! Check out each product page for specific information on how to launder each individual garment. Here are some general care instructions:
- SlimmingApparel SPANX Slimming Apparel products can be machine washed in cold water and tumble dried on low.
- Active/Socks/Men's Spanx Active and Men's tops, bottoms and socks can be machine washed in cold water and tumble dried on low.
- Swim Spanx swimsuits are considered delicate. Try to avoid chemical products, sun tan oils and harsh detergents. Immediately after wearing, hand wash gently in cold water and lay flat to dry.
- Hosiery/Shapewear/Foundations SPANX Hosiery/Shapewear and Foundations (bras) are considered delicate and can be hand washed in cold water and laid flat to dry.
- Bra-Cha-Cha Like our other Foundations, Bra-Cha-Cha is considered delicate and should be treated with care. We recommend hand washing this bra in warm water and hanging it to dry when needed. After every use, it's important to wipe the innovative No–Slip Strip with water (the part that adheres to your back) because body oils break down its natural adhesive.
- Slimplicity Booty-Booster Make sure to remove the butt-lets before washing! After removing the butt-lets, machine wash the Slimplicity Booty-Booster Shorts in
cold water and tumble dry on low. Once dry, re-insert butt-lets and you're ready to go! The butt-lets do not need cleaning.
› Top of Page
- What do SPANX products feel like? Forget the Midas touch — we've got the magic touch! SPANX products are made with all different fabrications, so some are soft and some are sleek, but all feel delightful in their own way.
- Why do some products have silicone while others don't? All of our products are designed with optimal comfort and functionality in mind. Our design team uses their expert discretion to decide if products need a little extra hold, and, if so, how much. Small amounts of silicone are used on some products, depending on the style and fabrication, to ensure it stays put!
- Will your bras offer me enough support? Our family of foundations was created with your bust interest in mind and because of that, we have styles for all shapes and sizes. Check out our bra selection here!
- Which sheers have reinforced toes and which do not? All of our sheers are designed with reinforced toes except:
- • All The Way Pantyhose
- • Sheer Fashion Pantyhose
- • Mama Spanx Maternity Pantyhose
- How do I best protect my sheers? SPANX and ASSETS sheers are made with the highest quality yarns and should not run within the first few wears. Since these (sheer!) products are considered delicate, it is important to treat them with special care:
- 1. Hand wash sheers in cold water and lay flat to dry
- 2. Before dressing, make sure to remove sharp objects like jagged fingernails and rings.
- 3. It's helpful to sit on the side of a bed or on a chair before applying your pantyhose.
- 4. Scrunch up one leg of the pantyhose from the waist down to the toe. Carefully insert your toes into the foot of the sheers so they line up with the seam. Slowly release the bunched fabric as you carefully draw them up your leg until reaching your thigh.
- 5. Repeat with the other leg then gently position the waist.
- 6. Enjoy your eye-catching legs!
When looking at legwear, it's important to remember that there's a natural range in durability: sheers are super delicate and deserve high–tuned care, while tights are more durable and can withstand a little wear–and–tear.
- How do you decide which products will be offered in which colors? You can always count on our core shapewear collections to keep it classic in nude and black tones, while other products like panties and tights feature fashion colors based on seasonal trends.
- What does it mean if my camisole or shaper is rolling? Rolling can indicate that your SPANX product is too big, or too small. For optimal smoothing and comfort, it's important to find the size that fits just right. Check out our sizing chart.If you feel you're between sizes, we recommend trying a bodysuit — these styles stay securely in place and come in a variety of silhouettes. From mid-thigh shapers that hook to your bra, to tank bodysuits with full coverage or thong bottoms, we've got a style for every shape!
- I have a specific product question, how do I get it answered? Feel free to post your specific question on our Facebook page or contact us via phone or email!
- Where are your products made? Our products are made all over the world. To find out specific countries of origin for products, please contact us!